Jeep Grand Cherokee Dual Zone Blend Door Repair

10:43 am Air Conditioning, Consumer, DIY, How To Auto Repair, Jeep

Jeep_Grand_Cherokee_HVAC_Door

© DenLorsTools.com  Summary: Jeep Grand Cherokee’s with dual zone have a common problem of blend doors breaking at the point of actuator engagement. Vehicles affected are 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees. The automatic temperature control can be affected on the driver or passenger side, making the temp control inoperable. Until recently the refrigerant had to be discharged and the dash removed for repair. Now with a WJ blend door repair kit # K6855685AB, from Mopar/Chrysler/Fiat the repair can be done in the vehicle by even modestly experienced individuals. The kit includes an aluminum door door, a plastic door, a spindle, grease and patch material for resealing the evaporator case after repair. PDF Jeep instructions provided in this car repair article. NOTE – Since this article was written Jeep has discontinued this repair. We have the alternative kit available which is similar. Our kit makes the doors work together as one eliminating the possibility of ever having to remove the entire case to access the rear actuator. The updated version we sell uses the front, easy to access motor just behind the glove box to control the door. See the kit at the following link. K6855685AB Alternative.

Tools required for the repair are a Philips screwdriver, a shop vacuum, drill and drill bits, 8″ slip joint pliers, grease pencil or white crayon, grease and wax remover and a small knife. I recommend using a hot knife instead of a drill to cut the case. By using the hot knife, no plastic shavings will fall into the case and there will be less clean up required. Of course using a hot knife requires caution not to damage surrounding wires underneath the dash. If used carefully, it’s much easier to make the required cuts as opposed to using a drill as the Chrysler instructions direct. The repair is done in the area behind the glovebox – so first start by removing the glove box to gain access. After that is removed, unplug the temperature sensor and blend door actuator motor. Keep in mind that the plastic that is cut away WILL be re-used! Take time and outline measurements carefully because the cut-out portion will be put back into place after the repair. The directions are all included on the PDF instructions listed at the bottom of this car repair article. They will also be included with the repair kit when purchased at the dealership.

Jeep_Grand_Cherokee_HVAC_Repair 2

Here are a couple of additional pictures of the repair area. Notice the plastic 1/2 way inside the case, this is called the inner web and it will NOT be re-installed.

Jeep_Grand_Cherokee_HVAC_Repair_3

Work will all be done in the vehicle with the glove box removed.

The links below are “how to” instructions which are included with the repair kit purchased from the dealer.

Blend Door Repair PDF Page One

Blend Door Repair PDF Page Two

Blend Door Repair PDF Page Three

Blend Door Repair PDF Page Four

Blend Door Repair PDF Page Five

Blend Door Repair PDF Page Six

Blend Door Repair PDF Page Seven

Blend Door Repair PDF Page Eight

*Footnote 7/29/2012 – We have an alternative to the discontinued K6855685AB.

Related Jeep Repair Article

Jeep Grand Cherokee Blend Door for sale

1. Randy Craig :

Date: April 25, 2010 @ 12:48 pm

I have installed one of these door modifications. DON’T DO IT! First of all you WILL destroy the dual air capability of the HVAC by cutting the housing. Second, Look closely and you will find a arm for the rear door. You cannot access this arm with the HVAC in vehical. Doors are fine but the HVAC still needs to come out and split housing like always.

Date: April 25, 2010 @ 1:22 pm

Randy, thanks for taking the time to post. With some aftermarket door modification kits (like on eBay) you will definitely lose the dual zone control because the front actuator controls both doors as a unit. The door kit in this article is actually an updated design from Jeep – the two doors are controlled by two different motors. I can see your point however, about losing some of the separate air control because there is a portion of the “divider” part of the housing that is not put back in. Also, if the rear actuator is faulty the case will definitely have to come out.

3. Patrick :

Date: May 20, 2010 @ 3:28 am

First, I would like to say that your information is very well explained and detailed; we need more people like you on the web.

Now, I own a grand Cherokee 2001 and when I turn the two knobs to the max heat I am getting heat on the passenger side only and tempered air on the driver’s side. If I turn the engine off and leave the key to accessories so that I can hear better, when I play with the passenger knob I can hear the blend door moving but when I turn the drivers side knob nothing!

Should I go on and purchase the kit or this could be another problem?

Thanks in advance,

Pat.

Date: May 20, 2010 @ 6:22 am

Patrick, it could be just an actuator or it could be a broken door. The related link goes to an article that talks about that. See the following snippet from that related article.

Incorrect Airflow or Temperature
    Jeep Grand Cherokees with dual climate control (for the AC / Heater system) that have incorrect air temperature blowing on either the passenger or driver’s side is usually one of two things. One of the blend door actuators (motors), or the the dual zone blend door assembly could have a broken door. The actuator that controls the drivers side is directly behind the glove box. The glove box is easily removed to access the actuator for the drivers side. Testing to see if the door is broken is simple to after removing this actuator, just turn the shaft manually (white piece in photo) to adjust the hot and cold for the driver’s side vents.

5. Patrick :

Date: May 20, 2010 @ 9:19 am

Hey Dennis,

I might have two problems now. I went in the back of the glove compartment, for the driver’s side actuator and when I turn the driver’s side temp knob, the actuator is not turning one bit and the shaft turns freely!! Am I out of luck and have to buy the kit and actuator?

Regards,

Pat.

Date: May 20, 2010 @ 10:39 am

Pat, the actuator may still be ok. The computer sees that the actuator is out of range and will not command it to work anymore. After the door is fixed, the actuator will most likely resume working. The actuator is easy to replace if needed though after the other repair has been completed.

7. MarkyZ :

Date: May 27, 2010 @ 1:20 pm

Hey Dennis,
    I have a 1999 Grand Cherokee, when I turn on the AC, the Driver Side blows cold but the Passenger Side blows scorching hot. I also noticed that if I turn the Ventilation system off (no heating, AC or blower) I can still feel hot air creeping out of the passenger side. Would the procedure you described above fix this issue?

8. MarkyZ :

Date: May 27, 2010 @ 2:05 pm

I should probably add, these are the error codes I recieved:

16 = Right temperature door not responding
    42 = One of four motor drivers had drive 9A9 shorted to ground
    52 = AI (Recirc) door travel range too large

Date: May 27, 2010 @ 2:42 pm

MarkyZ, you may also want to see the related link at the bottom of the article for more insight. To answer your question it is likely that the door for the passenger side is broken. It is harder to access to check though. The actuator is located on the rear of the HVAC case near the firewall (inside the vehicle). If the actuator is bad the case would still need to be removed to repair it properly. If the kit is all you need, it can be done as outlined in this article’s pdf instructions.

10. Matt :

Date: July 16, 2010 @ 4:07 pm

Ive got a 1999 Grnd Cherokee with dual climate control. System seems to be running fine, just that I’m not seeming to get a lot of air (velocity) to come out the vents.

All selections (face, feet, defrost…)seem to be operating properly. As well as the fan speed.

When on high/recirculation the air barley hits my face as and surely doesn’t reach the rear passangers.

Anybody have/had this problem? Any info is greatly appreciated.

11. Rob :

Date: September 8, 2010 @ 12:24 am

Matt,

“When on high/recirculation the air barley hits my face as and surely doesn’t reach the rear passengers.”

While checking out my ’02 GC’s ac/heat problems, I discovered that in addition to both blend doors being broken, I also have a broken recirc. door. It fell off and landed on top of the blower, blocking nearly all air flow.

Dropped the blower and fished it out, now I have mixed fresh & recirculated air, and a/c at least.

12. Troydon :

Date: September 8, 2010 @ 3:54 pm

Product worked perfectly. Instructions are great. I have hot, and cold air again. Randy Craig, suggest you do some more investigatio before you try to sound like you know what your are talking about

13. Adnan :

Date: September 14, 2010 @ 8:55 pm

I tried to locate this part number on WJ web site (K6855685AB) with no luck. did I understand something wrong? they have other a/c blend door products but no this one! please help.. where can I find this part?

Date: September 15, 2010 @ 6:24 am

Adnan, it’s available at your local Jeep dealer.

15. Anthony :

Date: September 18, 2010 @ 11:03 am

I just bought a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I have noticed that the only place that the air comes out is the floor and the defroster. Is that a blend door problem? if so can I fix it by going through the glove box? If not, how much would you estimate a garage would charge to fix it? Thanks.

16. Anthony :

Date: September 18, 2010 @ 11:07 am

also, what would the problem be if air and heat only came out of the vents (defroster and floor, because dash vents don’t blow) when the knob is on the highest setting? Nothing comes out when on low or anywhere between high and low.

Date: September 18, 2010 @ 6:07 pm

Anthony sounds like a MODE door actuator or door – NOT Blend. And a blower resistor most likely for the speed problem. You may want to have it checked out locally.

18. Anthony :

Date: September 18, 2010 @ 11:49 pm

Thank you. So to replace it I would have to take off the dash?

Date: September 20, 2010 @ 8:12 am

No, the resistor is easy to get to.

20. Bob :

Date: September 24, 2010 @ 2:33 am

Checked with dealer parts dept and they can’t find this part (K6855685AB). Is there another part number to look up? All they can find is a blend door assembly, no repair kit.

Date: September 24, 2010 @ 6:16 am

Bob, I would print the pdf’s and show the parts guy – the # is on the top of the first page with Chrysler letterhead. Another suggestion would be contacting a different dealer altogether. Good Luck

22. Bob :

Date: September 24, 2010 @ 12:58 pm

Thanks for the reply. I showed them the pages and they couldn’t find that part in their system. Tried a second dealer with the same result. I am in Canada, so perhaps the parts are not available here. Is there a dealer that you have used in the US that knows about this kit?

23. Donovan :

Date: September 25, 2010 @ 12:47 am

I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited edition & the other day I turned on the defroster and noticed it wasn’t helping one bit. Then I tried to turn heat to the max & the drivers side just blows out cold air, and the passenger side barely blows anything out. Would this Blend Door replacement fix this? Or will I need a new heater coil? Thanks!

24. Bill Short :

Date: September 28, 2010 @ 6:28 pm

I have the following codes, which makes no sense: 49,52,53,54,56.
    works ok on drivers side but only blows cold on passanger side…any ideas?

Date: September 28, 2010 @ 7:01 pm

Bill, you may want to look those codes up if you haven’t already. The Auto Repair Manual page (linked above) has information for signing up for on-line access for your vehicle.

26. Bill Short :

Date: September 28, 2010 @ 7:21 pm

I did look the codes up, and Im confused, how can i have a 53 and a 54 at the same time.

27. NANCY BAUDHUIN :

Date: September 30, 2010 @ 9:12 am

THIS IS GREAT! I’ll soon be replacing the blender doors on our Jeep GC 2002 and hope that will solve the problem (no heat passenger side)

Next problem to work on is our other Jeep (’95) A/C is weak flow tho condenser and freon test fine. An electric plug came apart during pulling up the hood release and it’s been miserable since putting it back together… Could a fuse cause weak/luke cold flow? Other ideas?

Love this website! Thanks for being here!

Date: September 30, 2010 @ 9:20 am

Nancy, Low refrigerant is the most common cause of the AC not cooling enough. Not enough info on the plug to wager a guess, if you are having an electrical issue or not. Basics are a good place to start. The AC Gauge Readings Explained article may come in handy.
    AC Gauge Readings

Click here to see our AC Gauge Readings EXPLAINED car repair article.

29. Dena :

Date: September 30, 2010 @ 1:55 pm

Dennis, I too have Checked with dealer parts dept. at three different locations and they can’t find this part (K6855685AB). Since this kit # is over a year old can you find out if they changed it?

30. Dena :

Date: September 30, 2010 @ 2:16 pm

I think I found what I need, They are calling it Mid-Case Blend Door housing part Year: : 99-01 (68080867AA). It comes with everything listed in the package you mentioned. Will you please check it out and tell me if I’m wrong before I order.

Dena

Date: September 30, 2010 @ 2:23 pm

Dena, That looks right. I’m not sure why the part number changed.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Blend Door Repair Kit

32. Dena :

Date: September 30, 2010 @ 3:28 pm

Thanks! If you look at their installation guide (Jeep Grand Cherokee A/C case repair parts) it is an exact copy of what you have on this site, old part information and everything.

Thanks again

Dena

33. NANCY :

Date: October 1, 2010 @ 11:16 am

Re: low cold air flow in ’95 Jeep GC O ed. Checked the refrigerant level per instructions. It tests within the optimum range. Condensor line from there is frosty but air inside the passenger compartment is barely affected.

Now what? :)

PS The re-connected plug fits neatly in a groove made for it on the back side of the plastic side panel near the floor on driver’s side. It must carry much data with six vari-colored wires but I could never find a wiring schematic which included the HVAC OR A/C plan.

Date: October 1, 2010 @ 11:46 am

Nancy, you may want to ask a Jeep question when you have more detailed information – we can help if we know more.

35. kandi :

Date: October 15, 2010 @ 3:54 pm

Last winter i had heat only on passenger side.(lived with it) This year turned on heat and neither side works,the air cond. worked fine the blower works fine with the a/c and heat just not any heat coming out.What could be my problem?

36. John C. :

Date: October 17, 2010 @ 8:49 am

kandi, yours sounds like the most typical blend door failure. I’m about to buy one of the dual zone kits.
    My question is: Does the fact the passenger door is plastic on the Mopar kit bother anyone? They designed the incredibly poor original, right? I still can’t believe this is not a recall issue for safety due to limited visibility

37. Betty :

Date: October 17, 2010 @ 7:05 pm

I have a 99 GC with Auto climate control and I have nothing but straight ice cold air blowing from my vents. If I turn it on recirc. I get luke warm, but no hot air.

Date: October 17, 2010 @ 9:11 pm

Betty, you may want to take a look at our car heater blows cold article.

39. TonyC :

Date: October 21, 2010 @ 10:55 pm

Hey Dennis..Great Page !
    I’ve got a JGC 02 but it’s not a dual system. I noticed some fogging of the window around the bottom of the windshield near the top dash vents.
    It clears up ok after setting a little heat to blow on it but I’m wondering if the blend door needs to be reset or it’s not closing properly to prevent air blowing onto the window. This is only noticeable when the weather is a little cool outside. I’m just thinking there’s a small amount of heat/cool air coming through.
    Otherwise, the system works great.
    Knock on wood !! :)

Date: October 22, 2010 @ 6:34 am

Tony, sounds like normal operation. In any vehicle it’s normal to have some air leak past HVAC doors. Also when it’s cooler outside, it’s more common to have a little fog on the windshield upon first start up. No resetting should be necessary. Since we are headed into cooler weather I will mention something that’s not usually thought of unless you understand how the HVAC system works. It’s also important to have the AC fully charged with refrigerant and working properly even in the winter time. With the AC selected and the temperature adjusted to warm or hot, the compressor will cycle on and operate some. This helps to remove moisture from the passenger compartment, inside of windows and windshield. Drivers that have experienced driving cars without AC in the winter time or when it’s raining may realize how big of a difference no AC makes when it comes to window fog.

41. Hern :

Date: October 23, 2010 @ 10:23 am

I have a fault code of 54 & 56 in my 2001 grand cherokee.” left and right temperature door travel too large ” what does this mean excatly. Is it something that needs adjustment?

Date: October 23, 2010 @ 1:01 pm

Hern, Most likely broken doors. The actuators cannot calibrate if the doors are broken. Too much travel, indicates the motors keeps spinning and never find a stopping point.

43. Shawn :

Date: October 23, 2010 @ 5:24 pm

Dennisb – You the man!
    I have codes 20, 46, 56. Center has heat but passenger sides doesn’t, Jeep has 185K miles so don’t want to put any money into it. Can you find these door at a junk yard?
    Shawn

Date: October 23, 2010 @ 6:34 pm

Shawn, this is a weakly designed part to begin with so I wouldn’t spend time looking in the junk yard. The actuators put a lot of stress on them. Most in the junk yard are probably brittle and ready to break if not already.

45. Marcus Dho :

Date: October 27, 2010 @ 7:46 pm

Dennis: I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee LImited. It has the Dual Climate Control. I get both error codes 52 54 56, would these be the blend doors broken, and If I replace the doors going thru the glove compartment, will I loose the dual climate? Even if I replace the plastic that goes in between the 2 blend doors? Help! Any advice you give me would be GREAT

Date: October 27, 2010 @ 8:50 pm

Marcus, I would check the doors because this is a very common problem. This kit, unlike some competitors, does NOT eliminate the dual control. The directions are in pdf so you can study those before actually purchasing the kit from the dealer. The only problem that I see (for a DIY’er) that could exist, is if the actuator located between the case and firewall is bad. This would require removing the dash and case like the original repair. The competitive brand that you see advertised sometimes, eliminates the use of the rear actuator. However it also does away with the dual function.

47. Marcus Dho :

Date: October 28, 2010 @ 11:56 am

Ok Great. Another question, my passenger side seat heater isn’t working, what do you think that could be?

Date: October 29, 2010 @ 7:34 pm

I’m considering buying a 2001 Laredo. The only problem is that two vents are barely blowing at all – the other three are blowing fine. The right center and the left passenger vents aren’t blowing. The driver vent, the left center vent, and the right passenger vent blow pretty good.

I want to buy this Jeep, but not if it is going to have a problem or if the other vents stop blowing.

Does this sound like a blend door problem?

Date: October 30, 2010 @ 7:51 am

John, it’s a good possibility. I would check the doors because this is a very common problem.

50. Lindsay H :

Date: October 30, 2010 @ 1:12 pm

Hey! I have a problem with my AC/Heat. Every time I turn on my AC or Heat, I can hear the blower motor going just barely anything comes out. Even when I turn the defrost on, hardly anything comes out. The motor still does differentiate between low and high speed. I know the AC and the heater still work because I can feel a little bit of cold or warm air coming out. What do you think my problem is? Thanks, Lindsay

Date: October 30, 2010 @ 1:29 pm

Lindsay, a common problem for the Jeep Grand Cherokee is to have low airflow even though the blower fan can be heard normally. Usually the problem is because of a broken fresh air door/recirculate door. The fresh air door is located behind the glove box area. What can happen is the door can break and fall down covering the blower fan, essentially sealing off all air-flow. That’s why the blower can sound normal on all speeds, but little air can be felt from the vents.

52. Lindsay H :

Date: October 30, 2010 @ 1:32 pm

So would that envolve going through the glove box or taking off the entire dash?

53. Marcus Dho :

Date: November 2, 2010 @ 12:28 am

Any thoughts on the Passenger Side Seat Heater? Thanks a lot for your help!

Date: November 2, 2010 @ 8:38 am

Marcus, the passenger side heater could be affected by a broken door or bad actuator. You may want to read the article above and also the related articles for more insight regarding this very common problem with Jeep Grand Cherokees.

55. Rob Cam :

Date: November 2, 2010 @ 10:08 am

I have run all the diagnostic tests on the system, it throws a code 54 & 56. The heat works on the passenger side of the vehicle, not the drivers.

Does this require a blend door replacement?

Date: November 2, 2010 @ 10:32 am

Rob, there’s no substitute for checking the doors and actuators in person. The doors are weak and the actuators fail often. Please verify your problem before ordering one of our doors.

57. Marcus Dho :

Date: November 2, 2010 @ 10:58 pm

actually meant to say dennis.. i was asking about the passenger.. SEAT, Warmer not working.

Date: November 3, 2010 @ 8:16 am

To reduce confusion, we will stay on topic of this partriciular blog. We may do a blog in the future on seat heaters. Unrelated questions can be asked on the car questions page. The Jeep questions link in the related section goes to that page. Dealer techs are always on stand by to help.

59. Stephen Grube :

Date: November 4, 2010 @ 11:43 am

My problem differes from others in that: My fan will blower will speed up/down but the speed of the air coming from the vents remains the same. I assumed blockage or stuck doors.

All the actuator doors work but I can’t verify the rear blend door.
    The front blend door motor doesn’t appear to work, or at least it only does intermitently.

My entire dash is removed and I am considering draining the Coolant and Freon to remove the cores and ducting as well.

Before I go and do that, Am I missing something?

60. KennyC :

Date: November 9, 2010 @ 7:21 pm

I just bought a 99 and a 2000 GC, both with (from what I can see) broken blend doors. I am interested in this kit, but just so I understand a little better… installing the kit replaces the doors on both the pax and driver’s side, and as long as the pax’s ACTUATOR is functioning properly, dual zone will continue to work and the dash won’t have to come out. However, if the pax side actuator is bad, the dash WILL have to come out. Is this correct?
    Also, I really don’t care if I lose the dual zone, I just want the heat and a/c to work. Would I be better off installing an after-market kit?

61. KennyC :

Date: November 9, 2010 @ 7:23 pm

btw, thanks in advance for your advice… you’re a life saver

62. KennyC :

Date: November 9, 2010 @ 7:26 pm

I asked about the after-market kit just in case I have a bad pax side actuator. I assume the after-market kits eliminate this actuator altogether, and the dash doesn’t need to be removed for this repair either… is this correct as well?

Date: November 9, 2010 @ 7:38 pm

KennyC, you have a total grasp on the situation! We sell NONE of these kits, so I have no vested interest in which option you decide to go with. The one in this article is a MOPAR one and the aftermarket one you mentioned is sometimes adverstised by Google Ads on this site. The aftermarket one does not require dash removal but you will eliminate the use of the passenger side control. I think they have you drill out the center of the lever so that the door just pivots when controlled by the drivers side actuator. Good Luck!

64. AdamS :

Date: November 11, 2010 @ 11:21 pm

I was having the problem where I was getting cold air constantly blown on the passenger side, and the driver side working properly. I did the manual recalibration (Set AZC to auto, pulled IOD fuse, turned on my Jeep) and that actually solved my problem for that trip. I started my Jeep again later, and the problem was back. Any suggestions?

Date: November 12, 2010 @ 7:16 am

Sounds like an intermittant problem which could be the control head. If it werea a door or actuator problem it wouldn’t be intermittant and calibrating would not work even temporarily.

66. AdamS :

Date: November 12, 2010 @ 3:03 pm

Now it ONLY works if I do that manual calibration. As soon as I turn the Jeep off and turn it back on, it stops working again

67. richard :

Date: November 20, 2010 @ 12:18 pm

have an 03 jeep grand cherokee ltd all I get is cold air, however when car is warm, I disconnect the battery and the computer, and let it sit for an hour or so, plug computer in reconnect the battery and I have heat in all settings, when the car cools off, I loose everything again, any ideas ???

68. Cisco :

Date: November 20, 2010 @ 12:35 pm

Hey my problem is i just had both actuators replaced plus the the blender door assy. i have heat but its not right still blows cold from the mid vents then cold thru passager vents at times in other words actind iratic. then there times when it blowes/works fine with heat from all vents. do i need to reset or recalibarate help before i take it back to the shop that installed it and but the guys head?

69. Hern :

Date: November 21, 2010 @ 12:10 am

Dennisb, thanks for your response. What does this kit cost and what is the part number?

70. Hern :

Date: November 21, 2010 @ 12:11 am

(dual zone heater door repair kit 2001 grand cherokee)

Date: November 21, 2010 @ 3:11 pm

68080867AA – we don’t sell the kit.

72. airman kelley :

Date: November 24, 2010 @ 12:00 pm

I have read about the recirc/blend door issues. I had the blend doors replaced about three years ago, along with the evap. I now have an antifreeze smell, and wet passenger side floor. I also have what appears to be a system stuck in recirculate.

I understand the entire dash needs to come out to replace the heater core, but can I fix the recir door issue through the glove box? I need to keep the dual zone heating.

Christmas is a month away, so I would like to simply do a repair on the recirc door if possible. Thanks

Airman Kelley

Date: November 24, 2010 @ 12:09 pm

No, the dash needs to be swung out to access the recirculate door assembly. See the following repair article for more on the recirculate door replacement which is about the same job as replacing the recirculate actuator.

Jeep airflow problems

74. Dan :

Date: December 9, 2010 @ 1:10 pm

Dennis – thanks for you well thought out information. I have a similar problem: both sides do not work. I’m considering purchasing the kit and giving it a go, but do you have anything to add about both sides not working?

Date: December 9, 2010 @ 1:23 pm

Dan, I would at least check the door that is accessible behind the glovebox first. see the original article that covers this – click below.

Jeep Dual Zone

76. Rob Dionisio :

Date: December 15, 2010 @ 1:45 am

2001 Jeep GC codes 15 54 56, opened plenum, motor removed/dremeled plenum,both blend doors down, white motor pin connector IS broken, PSD Door is crumbled along hinge. I am waiting for parts, can I “RIG” the doors to blow heat while waiting. I tried to position them in UP position, glove box off, and still only blows ICE COLD, great for beer, but not for me while driving…

Date: December 15, 2010 @ 10:04 am

Rob, I haven’t ever tried to rig the doors.

78. Charles :

Date: December 15, 2010 @ 10:15 am

So its normal for the motor plug to be recieving no power because the blend doors are broken?

Date: December 15, 2010 @ 10:36 am

Charles, right. If you unplug the control head and hook it back up the system may try to calibrate itself again.

80. Rob Dionisio :

Date: December 15, 2010 @ 10:43 am

@ Dennis: I can feel warmth below the blend door plenum area, I position the doors in the UP position, yet no heat. Side of plenum is open and exposed. Why can I not feel heat moving thru anywhere?

81. TomS :

Date: December 15, 2010 @ 12:00 pm

Patrick: The heat on the passenger side of our 2001 Grand Cherokee Limited went a while ago. Just recently, the driver’s side did the same. My question is: are the blend door actuators (motors) and the dual zone blend door assembly two different things? And which is likely to have caused this problem? Do I buy a repair kit or a whole new blend door acuator? Thanks!

Date: December 15, 2010 @ 12:17 pm

Tom, they are different. Either could cause the problem. See the first related repair article for more information.