Ford P0401 Code Scanned – Expedition 4.6 EGR Low Flow

9:42 pm DIY, Ford Problems, How To Auto Repair

Ford_Expedition_P0401

2000 Ford Expedition P0401 doesn’t necessarily mean the EGR is bad

Summary: Ford DPFE problems discussed. Common causes for Ford EGR low flow issues and P0401 fault code triggered. Don’t replace the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) valve just yet if you have a P0401 code on a 4.6 liter engine like the one in this Expedition. The diagnostic code definition states “Low flow from E.G.R.” Low flow doesn’t mean definitively that the EGR is bad. Low EGR flow can be a problem in any Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Mazda and many other car’s for that matter. On a lot of Ford vehicles this code will mean there is a faulty Differential or Delta Pressure Feedback (DPFE) sensor. This was such a common problem there was an extended warranty coverage on them for awhile. Not many people knew about Ford covering these on some models for an extended period of time. At the shop I worked at, an extended warranty company first alerted us to this when they declined an extended warranty claim because Ford would replace it under warranty.

DPFE

What is a DPFE and what does it do?

The DPFE helps the vehicle’s computer to insure that the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) system is working properly. The sensor monitors the exhaust pressure in the exhaust, usually from a passage in the vehicle’s intake. The sensor sends a reading to the vehicle’s computer. If the expected changes in pressure are not seen by the PCM (Power Train Control Module) the CEL (Check Engine Light) will be turned on. Most of the time performance issues aren’t noticeable. Sometimes pinging upon acceleration can be detected if the DPFE is not working properly. It is usually located near the EGR, in fact some late model Ford’s have the DPFE built right into the EGR. The sensor is prone to failure mainly because of the harsh exhaust it is exposed to. Between carbon build up and corrosion, a bad DPFE is a common problem. On the 2000 Ford Expedition, the original DPFE was aluminum… it doesn’t rust! The problem is that aluminum does corrode. The replacement DPFE is made of plastic, which is an improved design but failures of these are still fairly common.

Ford_Expedition_P0401_C

With throttle body removed and mirror in place the passages can be seen

Ford_Expedition_P0401_B

The two dark spots are two badly restricted EGR passages

EGR Passages

The passages on the Expedition in the picture above are shown with the throttle removed. They are obviously restricted, completely blocked off with carbon build up. The passages go down, then to the right where they meet with the EGR. With the EGR removed, the passages can be cleaned out with fuel injection spray cleaner, a spare coat hanger and a thin bottle brush from the kitchen. Compressed air helps blow through the gunk and clear the passages, allowing the EGR, DPFE and PCM to work together.

• Vacuum can be applied to an EGR with a hand vacuum pump, while it’s running to see if the idle drops. Sometimes the idle can drop some but the passages may still be partially clogged.
  • When replacing a DPFE sensor, if there are rubber hoses, blow through them with compressed air to clean out any loose debris.
  • Replace DPFE hoses that have excessive deterioration. Regular hoses won’t work, it takes special DPFE sensor hoses to withstand the high temperatures.
  • Try cleaning the EGR passages first to attempt to save money. Replace the DPFE sensor if the diagnostic code returns.
  • Don’t buy a used one, this is such a common problem chances are not good to find a good one in a salvage yard.
  • The diaphragm in the EGR can leak but it’s not as common as the above mentioned problems.
  1. Tony M. :

Date: October 20, 2011 @ 10:42 pm

Dennis I own a 2003 Expedition, with codes p0405, p0171, I was told it a short on a dpfe sensor, also the right side hose (high side) coming out of the dpfe was out, I plugged back in but when I accelerate it comes back of. I replaced the dpfe with a oem, same problem lost hose and light back on. I dont seem to have any loss of power, not sure if cat is clogged…….what do you think O2 sensor, egr valve? please help!!

Date: October 21, 2011 @ 6:24 am

Tony, the 2003 you have is a different design than the one in the article. If the hose is in good condition and not just falling off there could be too much exhaust back pressure. I have never seen or heard of that problem (hosed popping off) so you may want to check with a Ford tech for advice. Good Luck.

3. justin k :

Date: October 22, 2011 @ 1:30 am

hi dennis i have a 2000 expy 4.6 i have the po401 but i have also noticed my engine idles real low and then real high when both in gear and just sitting at idle with no other codes please help just bought the truck and want to fix it

Date: October 22, 2011 @ 7:57 am

Justin, I would fix the EGR issue and see if the problem remains. Vacuum leaks and IAC (Idle Air Control) motors can cause idle issues. But, if the engine does not shut off, fluctuation of idle may be normal (600 RPMS to 900 RPMS). It’s normal for idle changes with the AC cycling on and off and when there are other varying load and electrical demands. Good Luck.

5. Oz :

Date: October 24, 2011 @ 3:07 pm

We just traded out ’02 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport in for an ’01 Ford Expedition. I just “love” driving the thing. I looove the power. However, I do have the same problem as above, so I’ll start with cleaning the passages. My question is how do I remove the throtlle. The picture above says “with the throttle removed”. Could you please tell me how I remove the throttle?

Date: October 24, 2011 @ 8:03 pm

Oz, very easy if you have minimal mechanical experience (4 nuts & a throttle cable). No offense but if you have to ask this may be out of your skill level. Good Luck.

7. Oz :

Date: November 1, 2011 @ 11:23 am

I just asked too fast. Sorry. I cleaning the throttle body out over the weekend, to see if it’ll clear the light. I’ll probably end up[ cleaning the passages as described above. Here is my question. At what point you decided to replace the valve? Assume I cleaned the passages and put everything back together. If I give the valve a little squezee underneath and the car still doesn’t choke, is that when you say “ok. The valve is bad”?

8. Oz :

Date: November 1, 2011 @ 11:23 am

Sorry, I meant I cleaned the throttle body over the weekend.

9. Cody :

Date: November 21, 2011 @ 7:23 pm

I just received a 2001 expedition and will not pass insection due to the infamous P0401 code. I Replaced the EGR valve and DPFE sensor, also cleaned out that hole into the engine block when the valve is off with carb cleaner. Still have P0401 code and no hair left to pull.

Date: November 21, 2011 @ 7:59 pm

Cody carb cleaner alone is not going to clear out those plugged ports in the intake behind the throttle body. Note there are TWO of them (see the image that has the mirror). If BOTH are not cleaned out completely with a wire or something similar, the code will keep coming back. Good Luck.

11. Ron :

Date: November 26, 2011 @ 12:18 am

Does anyone know how to fix a high idle on a 1997 ford expedition xlt 4.6l 4×4 w series replaced intake control sensor , PVC valve already

12. Ed :

Date: January 2, 2012 @ 10:16 pm

Wow! very helpful article. 2000 Expedition was throwing the 401 code and sure enough, those ports were so clogged, they actually had built up a small mound beyond the surface of port! Prior to the code I was having a problem where the vehicle would idle fine with the trans in park (whether hot or cold) but would want to stall out if I was at a stop with the car in drive. Not sure if that was related but it seems better already now that those pesky ports are cleaned. THANK YOU!

Date: January 3, 2012 @ 6:52 am

Ed, glad the information here helped. Keep us in mind for your automotive specialty tools in the future. Happy New Year!

Auto Tools

14. Tara :

Date: April 9, 2012 @ 10:36 am

Need help my 01 expedtion has been fine until recently and always had the cel on, well later on it started idle jumping and hesitation the computer codes said bank one lean 1 bank 1 lean 2 both auto stores said oxygen sensors. 1 down stream 1 upstream changed both the jumping idle stopped almost instantly and gas mileage doubled but hesitated in idle still there when in idle and a week or two ago I was going down the road and it just stopped on me the motor stayed running but it was like it wasn’t getting any gas. So I pulled over tried to start it back was already started just not going, so turned it off. Started it up it would start idle goes up then dies instantly every-time. Sometimes I could get it to move an inch or so while holding the gas but thats it. Then dies immediately even holding gas down while starting idle goes way up then dies immediately. Took to my mechanic and he couldn’t figure it out either computer keeps saying the same thing we changed p0171 I think o2 sensors but we changed them and he got in and tried to start it by holding gas half way down and it finally started and been running ever since. But now im noticing when I go to start the car you can hear like a click clikc noise maybe a relay? We think it could be idle sensor or main relay but not sure about anything at this point and don’t want to just keep spending money when nothings for sure and it still does the idle hesitation.. please help and thank you.

Date: April 9, 2012 @ 11:00 am

Tara, this article is on the EGR low flow problem with a P0401. Sounds like you may need a lot more guidance than I can provide here. You may want to ask your question to a Ford tech on our questions page. They can help you pinpoint your issue with the lean code, hesitation and poor idle. Good Luck

16. scott :

Date: May 26, 2012 @ 3:24 pm

I have an 01′ Ford Experdition I took it to Auto Zone so they could read me out the code. Three codes came up. One was the Mass Air Flow changed it that’s the main one. The second one was the erg sensor and the third one is heated oxgen sensor bank 2. truck is driving ruff still. I thougth maybe if I change the maf sensor it will drive better …..was the next step

17. Jim T :

Date: June 19, 2012 @ 4:01 pm

I have a 98 ford Expedition 4.6L. It was running fine then one morning it would not start, but it is turning over fine. I can hear the fuel pump running. The codes are P0401, P0420, P0442, P0430 and P0174. Does anyone know what I can try next. Thanks

Date: June 19, 2012 @ 5:10 pm

Jim, you also need enough pressure from the fuel pump and injector pulse. I would try a little starting fluid first. If it wants to start you know it’s not spark related. If it doesn’t sound like it’s trying to start (with starting fluid) I would check scan tool data for RPM’s. No Rpm’s might indicate a bad crank sensor. A bad crank sensor would cause no fuel injector pulse. Good Luck.

19. Eric :

Date: July 12, 2012 @ 11:17 pm

dennisb,
    I dub you the answer man. First of all thanks to people like you, driveway mechs. like my self get some great info.
    Got one for you, I have a 03 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4X4. Wife drives the car on daily basis and has had the car stall out while driving 10-20-…80mph and in the driveway, cooling it down with A/C, cranking before her run to work. Climbed under the hood and removed and cleaned the air intake valve, inspected all hoses and found a torn rear hose coming off the DPFE sensor and found the fitting to the sensor on that hose was not so snug. I put a small clamp on that fitting and has seemed to have solved it. No CEL. Expy seems to not be stalling out but noticing spiratic flutuations in fuel consumption. Idling at 6-900 RPM’s. At this point, I am going to replace the hose and most likely the sensor and just move forward with the clean out of the EGR valve, throttle body etc. Am I wastin’ time or movin in the right direction?
    Bottom line wife refuses to drive vehicle till fixed 100%. Told her we could swap and she can drive my 83 CJ7…haha! Doesnt like that answer. Thanks for your time man, your bucket of karma must be overflowin.

Date: July 13, 2012 @ 7:57 am

Eric, thanks for your comments. Since there’s no CEL (Check Engine Light) on, I wouldn’t be overly concerned about the DPFE. Even if there was a code for it, I’ve never heard of stalling being the cause of a bad DPFE, it could cause spark knock on acceleration.

For the stalling issue, I would suspect the IAC (Idle Air Control) solenoid was sticking. And that would make sense because after you cleaned it, there was no more stalling. If the problem returns I would replace it. Unless I had a fault code, I wouldn’t worry with cleaning the EGR ports. I would however, clean the throttle plates and make sure the air filter is clean.

As you know, fuel mileage can vary greatly depending on how the vehicle is driven, how much air is in the tires, how long the it sits idling… etc. I would make sure the tires are aired up, maybe pull a spark plug and see if they are worn (change them if they need it). And watch how long I leave the vehicle running in the driveway. Of course there’s only so much you can do to increase the gas mileage on this type of vehicle. Good Luck.

21. rocket ryan :

Date: July 20, 2012 @ 9:58 pm

I have an 01 exped. Cel is on, trouble code p401 low egr flow. I removed egr valve and started the engine, and the manifold has a lot of suction. Would this mean my ports are open and not clogged? Also tested egr with vacuum and it works fine. Should the egr open only when engine is cold? I’m beginning to think the dpfe isn’t working properly. The tubes that go from exhaust to egr and dpfe flow with exhaust gas. Also, could there be a problem with the part on the front of the engine that connects to the egr with the green vacuum line? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

22. Dennis :

Date: July 29, 2012 @ 3:45 am

Hi : ). I have a 2000 Ford Excursion with the 5.4L engine, if I drive with the ac on then stop but want to restart within a 30 min time frame the suv wont start, code is P0401, Idle is perfect, no misfire, runs good, smooth, just does that when running the ac, it will turn over but wont start. I bought a DPFE but havent put it in yet, was looking for some feedback. Thanks ahead.

~Dennis~

Date: July 29, 2012 @ 7:33 am

Dennis, It doesn’t make sense to me regarding the AC. Usually the AC isn’t going to be allowed on by the computer during cranking. I would check the fuel pressure when the problem after the vehicle has been off awhile. The fuel pressure should not go all the way to zero. Sounds to me like the pressure may be bleeding down. Usually it’s the fuel pump when this problem occurs. Good Luck.

24. matt :

Date: August 16, 2012 @ 8:28 pm

I have a 2003 Expedition 4.6 these are the codes I am getting P0125, P0401, P0303 & P0316…changed #3 & #4 ecm, egr…what else could it be I am thinking of changing DPFE but not sure if I should spend the money & also have heard do not buy the aftermarket one…can I please get some help this truck is costing me!

Date: August 17, 2012 @ 7:18 am

Matt, The ECM (Electronic Control Unit) also known as the computer, hardly ever fails and there’s not one per cylinder. I’m thinking you meant to say #3 & #4 coils. As far as the EGR – like this article points out, EGR low flow is usually because of intake ports clogged NOT a faulty EGR. Along with restricted EGR ports in the intake, the DPFE is also a very common cause of the P0401 code.

The P0125 has to do with the engine not reaching operating temperature quick enough to meet the computer’s predetermined “parameter” or specifications. I would check the coolant level and the thermostat operation. If the coolant is low find out where it’s going… leaking? burning is a cylinder? Is the thermostat allowing the engine to heat up quickly before opening and allowing coolant flow?

The P0401 is covered in the repair article above in more detail.

The P303 is a misfire code for the #3 cylinder. Misfires for particular cylinders are usually caused by a bad coil or spark plug. A mechanical issue like low compression (from worn rings or valves) could also cause a misfire code for one cylinder. If in doubt I would do a compression test and maybe a leak down test. The P0316 means that the computer is seeing a lot of misfires when the engine is first started up. Excessive misfires within the first 1,000 revolutions will trigger the P0316 fault code. I would concentrate on the P0125 and the P303 first. After fixing the problems causing those codes I would recheck. At least the P0316 should be taken care of when the number three misfire code is taken care of.

Aftermarket DPFE – In the past I’ve seen Ford OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts re-boxed and sold as aftermarket from a parts store. I’m not sure if anyone still does that. In all likelihood today, the parts are probably going to come from China. The fact is that China is very good at taking our products and “backwards engineering” them. They produce very good quality in many cases and can sell at very low prices. If I were purchasing a DPFE today, I would check to see what the price difference is between the dealer and several parts stores. Keep in mind that the parts stores may offer a better/longer warranty than the dealer. Also the labor involved to change a DPFE is minimal, so if it had to be changed out again, there’s no great loss of time. Good Luck.

26. Timothy T :

Date: August 23, 2012 @ 7:46 pm

hi i have a 97 expedition 5.4 it keeps giving me a code for cylinder 2 missfire i changed the coil and spark plug on this cylinder 3 time i also checked my injecters which are good. do you have any idea what might cause this problem. i also have an egr flow insufficent which i will check my dpfe tomorrow

27. Timothy T :

Date: August 23, 2012 @ 7:52 pm

dennisb i also had my father in law check the compression on all my cylinders he said they were good. it also gives u code p1000

Date: August 23, 2012 @ 7:59 pm

Timothy, I would swap two of the injectors and see if the code changes cylinders. It’s also possible that oil could be fouling the plug. The P1000 is for misfires on first start up. For the low flow I would check the passages and DPFE. Good Luck.

29. Andre delmast :

Date: September 2, 2012 @ 7:13 pm

Thank you. With a bad economy it really helps when people give good free do it Yourself advice.

30. jason z :

Date: November 26, 2012 @ 11:44 pm

Hi Dennis, I have two problems my 00 expedition with the same code P0401 like mostly everyone here and like you suggested I cleaned the two ports which were clogged. The code still comes back don’t know if I should change the egr valve and dpfe? My second problem is all the lights inside and headlights dim on and off at idle or driving and also the battery light keeps blinking on and off. I changed the alternator and no luck still has the same problem. Can’t find to fix the two problems, I took it to the ford dealership and they couldn’t find any electrical problems and they said the alternator is producing to much amps and should be changed. Any help will be appreciated.

Date: November 27, 2012 @ 7:04 am

Jason, the ports may still be partially clogged. I’ve seen well experienced technicians clean those ports inadequately. I would recheck them unless I was 100% sure they are clear. It’s possible the battery light may come on if the idle goes down too low. I would pay attention to when the light comes on. Also it’s possible that the alternator is charging but has a bad diode. If the problem does not seem to be low idle related, I would take to a shop that uses a tester that can examine the diode pattern. Good Luck.

32. jason z :

Date: November 27, 2012 @ 8:44 pm

Thank you for knowledge and it was the ports plugged a little bit and fixed the p0401 code. Ok so I got back my 00 expedition today took it to ford dealership about the dimming lights going high and low and the only thing they could come up with is the alternator is putting out to much voltage and COULD BE BAD? This sounds fishy to me if the there was too much voltage wouldn’t the lights be brighter not like it feels like its going to die when driving? So I bought a new battery and alternator put them in and still having the same issue. Not sure what else to look for or change out to fix this problem?

Date: November 28, 2012 @ 6:27 am

Jason, it is normal for the lights to dim some at idle and get brighter when the RPM’s are higher. Perhaps, if the battery and charger are not causing a problem like no crank or needing to be jumped off I would look for other causes of the low idle. On Fords, low idle is most often caused by the dirty throttle plates and/or a carboned up IAC (Idle Air Control) motor. Good Luck.

34. Jason :

Date: December 9, 2012 @ 10:42 pm

Thank you for the advice my 2000 expedition is now check engine light free. My egr ports were plugged and needed a new thermastat. But still have one issue about the dimming lights when running. I changed out the alternator twice along with the battery. The lights are fine if you disconnect the negative battery cable but once you connect it again the dimming lights start and the battery light blinks. Not sure what can be the problem if anyone can please help?

35. nicole :

Date: April 23, 2013 @ 10:19 am

Hi Dennis important having troubles with my 01 expedition. when im driving it it seems like im not gettin enough gas. my cel is not coming on. i took it to auto zone an it through a code And we fixed that with a new fuel pump and fuel filter. It still runs like bad. i took it to a shop and thy did a diagnostic on it. it showing a misfire but didn’t say where. When it tested the egr the truck shut off and failed it. We have checked the egr with a vacuum line an it shut the truck off. What should i do. i took it back to auto zone and it is no longer shows any codes but still isn’t running rimy sister in law has a 97 expedition and other was doing the same thing. hers ended up being an 02 sensor.. any thoughts?? thanks

Date: April 23, 2013 @ 3:16 pm

Nicole, sometimes a misfire is felt with Ford’s before the misfire code is triggered. See our article on Mode 6, which may help your technician find the problem cylinder without waiting for a hard code to be set. Click the following – Mode 6 Ford

37. Scott :

Date: April 24, 2013 @ 11:54 pm

Dennis, Having P0401 and P1151 with my 2000 F150 with 5.4 . Replaced DPFE and still get codes.When I apply vacuum to EGR valve at an idle motor begins to stall (so I’m assuming passages ar clear). If I try to hold 1800 rpms while parked, motor stumbles down like EGR valve is opening up. My question is do you think I’m dealing with a vacuum leak or is the P1151 (o2 sensor)messing with the EGR valve? Or?

Thanks for you help!

Date: April 25, 2013 @ 7:33 am

Scott, there may be several issues. I’ve done the exact same test before and still ended up finding clogged EGR passages. I would bet, that the EGR passages are surely, at least partially clogged. Only partially clogged EGR passages WILL set the P0401 code. I’ve cleaned these passages before and missed some build up and the code returned. That’s why spraying FI (Fuel Injection) cleaner down the throttle body does absolutely no good to clean these passages. The P1151 is a separate issue, most likely the O2 itself. We have an article on that code as well. Once these codes are resolved, it’s likely that the running issue with the stumbling will be also. I would recheck at that time. If the stumbling continues there could be a misfire that has not set a code yet. That’s what Mode 6 is good for on the Ford’s in particular. We have an article on Mode 6 and finding a misfiring cylinder before it sets a code. You may not have to go there if fixing the problems causing the present codes takes care of the stumbling. Good Luck.

P1151 Oxygen Sensor Code

Mode 6 Find Misfires before code has set.

39. MDeppe :

Date: June 18, 2013 @ 7:29 pm

I have a 2001 Ford Expedition 5.4. I just had to replace the muffler because it wouldn’t pass inspection. About 4 days later my CES light came on. Had autozone check it for me and got EGR code P0401. Could the new muffler have anything to do with this ?

Date: June 19, 2013 @ 6:38 am

The main cause of the P0401 in this model is covered in the article. Replacing a muffler may change the back pressure a little by restoring it to where it should have been all along. But I can’t see this having anything to do with triggering the code.

41. Thirdgear :

Date: June 27, 2013 @ 9:55 pm

2000 expedition.
    Hello, I’m new here.. My expedition keeps throwing a p0452 code. And common issues that u know about with these codes and vehicles? Thank you.

Date: June 28, 2013 @ 8:37 am

The P0452 is a Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor fault code signaled by the vehicle’s computer when it performed a self test and the readings were not within specific parameters. This could have been because of no signal at all due to an open circuit in the fuel pressure sensor or somewhere in the wiring. Or the readings were not within certain limits. If the tank was recently removed to replace a fuel pump or fuel sending unit for example, the fuel pressure sensor could have been accidentally broken during R & R (Removal and Replacing) of the tank. Also the wiring can be chaffed if not routed properly. The bad news is that the sensor is on top of the fuel tank which requires removal of the tank to gain access. If the wiring especially near the sensor looks good the most likely cause of the code would be a failed sensor. Good Luck.

Ford Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor

43. Thirdgear :

Date: June 28, 2013 @ 10:11 am

Eww, that’s gonna suck, but thanks a million.
    Hey, 1 more question. There is also a lingering 401 code. (That’s how I found this blog). I know you’ve already hit in this code a hundred times, but here’s my issue.
    Replaced egr, DPFE, egr solenoid, cleaned out ports thoroughly, removed and inspected DPFE tubes. CEL still comes back on. Any further suggestions?
    Thanks again man!

44. Thirdgear :

Date: June 28, 2013 @ 10:22 am

Oh yeah, and it stumbles with vacuum applied at egr. Tested vacuum from feeder hose and its about 13 hg at 2000rpm.

Date: June 28, 2013 @ 10:30 am

All I say is that if the ports are clogged even slightly the code will set. Good Luck.

46. Thirdgear :

Date: June 28, 2013 @ 10:42 am

Ok thanks. I’ll double check em.

47. Percy's Mom :

Date: August 18, 2013 @ 9:21 pm

Just wanted to thank you for your site and all the great tips! My husband and I have NEVER been successful at fixing anything that is powered by gasoline (ie: 38 years of marriage-38 lawn mowers!!) After trying EVERYTHING to fix our PO401 code on his 1997 Ford Ranger (with 347,432 miles on it)your tips on cleaning out the ports worked and the light, after 1yr being on, is now off. Thank you, Thank You

Date: August 19, 2013 @ 7:33 am

Hey, thanks for taking time to come back and let us know how your repair turned out. That’s funny about the lawn mowers! Glad the tips were useful. It’s good to know that our articles help. And wow over 300,000 miles on a Ranger… that might be some sort of record 🙂

Sometimes it’s a challenge to respond to comments while we are so busy. We’ve been doing more videos on our DenLors YouTube channel and have been being more active on our https://www.facebook.com/DenLorsTools (Like us there to keep up with discount info). In addition we’ve started a new Auto Tool Website called WiseAutoTools.com. Our new website has a great design and has many more functions that allows us to offer wholesale pricing for businesses that do repeat business with us on certain items like Jeep door handles, thread repair kits, mechanic’s disposable gloves etc.

49. Mark :

Date: September 4, 2013 @ 6:55 pm

I have a 99 ford expedition that runs fine and then dies like its running out of gas. Replaced the fuel filter but still happens after sitting for a while starts back up runs fine until problem repeats.

Date: September 5, 2013 @ 11:00 am

Not related to the P0401. I would check the fuel pressure when it acts up.